These are FLIPPIN' crazy. By crazy, I mean cray cray, delicious, tasty, awesome, wholesome, filling, satisfying, impressive and addictive. This is such an easy recipe to make and freeze for future use. I am so into easy veggie burger recipes as you can use them on burgers, sandwiches or just as is with a side salad. Try them. Do it. You'll love them... and us for giving it to you. See the monkey at the bottom of this post... this is how you will feel when you try them.
makes 6 to 8
1 large sweet potato, sliced into thick circles
1 cup plant milk
1/2 cup flour
salt and pepper
4 slices bread
1 garlic clove
salt and pepper
drizzle of oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the sliced sweet potato in a single layer on the baking tray and spray with oil if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes or so until softened and can be prodded with a fork.
- In the meantime, mix all 'batter' ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a processor, process all 'crumb' ingredients until 'crumby' haha. Set aside.
- Heat a frypan on medium to high heat and drizzle with oil.
- Dip each sweet potato circle in batter and the crumb and fry until browned on each side.
- Repeat with all circles.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed. Enjoy!
- Choose long thick sweet potatoes with a similar diameter to your bread rolls.
The nutritional information above are guidelines. The sweet potato burgers are very high in vitamin C, iron and vitamin B6.
^ How you will feel when you first taste these bad boys.