You don't have to be vegan or health-conscious to have heard of The China Study. A huge book filled with facts, figures and smart stuff analysed by T. Collin Campbell, PHD, and his son Thomas M. Campbell II, MD . It is "The most comprehensive study of nutrition ever conducted" with 20 years of data studied and analysed resulting in outstanding conclusions and eye-opening facts. It finally shows accurate and significantly links nutrition to cancer rates, obesity, heart disease and diabetes. It is a great go-to for every vegan who needs to prove why they live the way they do! This is not a book about the latest diet. It is a groundbreaking link between nutrition and disease resulting in the complete support for the plant-based whole food lifestyle.
Why it is accurate:
- Largest epidemiological study in history.
- Tested on humans
- 20 year study
- 650,000+ researchers
- In over 65 countries
- On over 880,000,000 people
- 367 variables
- 8000+ significant associations linking health and disease
We highly recommend you read it. Not only do we have kindness, morality and animal welfare on our side, but we also have years of studies and science to back us up!
Busy-beans, educate your brain below:
- The findings are solid, tested on humans and statistically significant.
- You don't need as much protein as you would think.
- Those who consumed less animal protein, had less cancer cells.
- Protein consumption turns cancer levels on and off.
- Your plate is your medicine. Eat well to improve and fix your heath.
- Casein, the milk protein, causes cancer.
- You can consume as much plant protein as you want without encouraging cancer growth.
- Animal protein promotes cancer growth.
- What we eat affects the way our bodies interact with foreign substances. How you eat can make carcinogens more or less dangerous.
- We should be consuming more whole foods.
- Avoid processed foods.
- Eat high fiber foods.
- Eat a variety of fresh produce colours. Your plate should be a rainbow!
- Any food containing cholesterol is unhealthy.
- Recommends a B12 supplement.
Now go forth and fill your mouth with the freshest fruits and veggies.