I know this is the second icecream recipe I have posted this week BUT our newest Veggieful ambassador, Buffy from Be Good Organics makes the most mouth-watering and luxurious creamy yum yums EVER! She has so many wonderful healthy recipes. You just have to check her out! She uses some ingredients that we don't normally see on Veggieful which I really love. It is always good to try new things, especially healthier versions of ingredients we regularly use. Looking at this recipe, I instantly think of a ferrero rocher flavour. I bet it would have that same chocolatey, creamy and hazelnutty flavour. Have a go and let me know what you think :) Have a lovely day!
Ice Cream Ingredients:
2 ripe avocados (~2 cups)
1 1/4 c hazelnut (or almond) milk (unsweetened)
1/2 c cacao powder
6 tbsp coconut nectar (or sweetner of choice such as maple syrup)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1/4 tsp guar gum*
Chocolate Drizzle Ingredients:
3 tbsp cacao butter (melted)
3 tbsp cacao powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut nectar
Pinch sea salt
Crushed hazelnuts, to sprinkle
* You can also use 1 tsp lecithin instead
- Blend all ice cream ingredients in a high speed blender until super creamy and smooth.
- Pour into ice block moulds, pat down to remove any air bubbles, place an ice cream stick in the centre of each and pop in the freezer over night.
- Run warm water over the ice cream moulds to loosen, then lay the ice creams down on a tray.
- Whisk together the chocolate topping ingredients and drizzle over the ice creams, sprinkling straight after with crushed hazelnuts and more drizzle until it’s all used up.
- Pop back in the freezer for at least half an hour or until completely firm again before serving. Enjoy!