Yum yum yum is all I can say about this amazing recipe. I had been wanting to create a vegan feta recipe for a while and am so glad that it ended up tasting so crazily delicious! Now, if you can be patient, letting it marinate for 2 days will give you the best results. The 2 days of marinating will allow the tofu to really soak up the yumminess and to change consistency from a spongy tofu to a relatively crumbly and soft feta style of tofu. Jerome and I absolutely love it! We have used it in salads and in pastas so far. Let me know of any other ways that you use it as I am so excited to keep this in the fridge. Hope you love it as much as we do!
375g extra-firm tofu, pressed and drained and cut into small cubes
1/2 cup olive oil
60ml lemon juice
huge pinch salt
huge pinch black pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
- Add all ingredients to a large jar and stir/shake until combined.
- Make sure the liquid completely covers the tofu.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 days until needed. I find that 2 days is the best!
- I know that it seems excessive to have to refrigerate this for 1 to 2 days... however, after 2 days, the tofu becomes crumbly and really soaks up the delicious flavours. You will LOVE it!
- To make the tofu soak up the goodness even more, try crumbling the tofu in the jar instead of cutting into cubes.