I was quite overwhelmed at the thought of creating a vegan scone recipe... I had no idea how it would turn out. However, the result was a decadent, fluffy, delicious scone consisting of only 4 ingredients! I was so excited and still am! It is so nice to know that we now have a simple and amazingly tasty scone recipe under our belt. Hello Mothers Day, birthdays and morning teas... a recipe for all occasions! It seriously tastes like the original scone recipe I loved as a child. We know you will love it... Enjoy.
See the bottom of the post for a lovely personal announcement <3
3 cups self-raising flour
120g vegan margarine, at room temp.
1 cup soy milk
1 tablespoon icing sugar
whipped coconut cream
icing sugar, to dust
These are Australian measurements. 1 cup = 250ml and 1 tablespoon = 20ml.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius fan-forced and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flour and icing sugar and stir until combined.
- Add the margarine and use your fingers to rub it into the flour until lightly crumbly.
- Pour the soy milk in and knead until a dough is formed.
- Lightly sprinkle a surface with flour and knead the dough for one minute until a smooth dough has formed. Make sure you do not over-work the dough.
- Roll the dough into a long sausage and cut into 12 parts/scones. Or, you can use a circular cutter and cut into 12 rounds.
- Place the scones on the tray with a little bit of space between each one.
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately with jam and vegan cream. Enjoy!
Jerome and I are excited to announce that we are expecting vegan baby #2! Weeeee! Care to have a gender guess?