There is nothing better than the good ol' spinach and ricotta roll... especially a vegan version! I would suggest that you stand up right now and start making these little babies as I am sure that you will love them as much as we do! Also, it is completely acceptable to eat these at any time, day or night, while you are standing at the oven... why waste time sitting at the table? Enjoy!
350g extra firm tofu, crumbled
1/4 cup plant milk (I use Soy Milky Lite)
salt and pepper
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
squeeze of lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 handfuls baby spinach
2 vegan puff pastry sheets
sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius fan-forced and line a baking tray with baking paper or spray with oil.
- Season the baby spinach with salt and pepper, wilt them and add them to a bowl.
- Add the tofu, plant milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and dried basil to the bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix until combined.
- Halve the mixture between two sheets of puff pastry and roll to form a long sausage-ish shape.
- Brush the tops of the pastry with some plant milk for extra crispiness (optional).
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned and puffed.
- Slice and serve immediately but beware of the intense heat that shall rise from the creamy, crispy goodness. Enjoy!
The nutrition information above is an approximate guideline.