This is my favourite cheesecake ever. I know that I am on a vegan no-bake cheesecake binge at the moment but this one is the BEST!
This recipe is a trustworthy medical cure for the following:
- I-want-to-stay-in-my-pjs-all-day type of days
- sweet cravings
- midnight munchies
- those days where you just need to stuff your face with chocolate
When I create a recipe, I already have an idea in mind of how I want it to taste, how easy I want it to be, what I want others reactions to be when they eat it, what I want it to look like and how easily it can be stored/saved. I really wanted to ensure that this chocolate cheesecake slice would tick a few boxes... and oh my gosh it did! I wanted it to be:
- Be amazingly delicious. tick!
- Be incredibly easy to make. tick!
- Have lots of crazily mouth-watering layers. tick!
- Look impressive. tick!
- Taste incredibly decadent. tick!
- No-bake. tick!
- Melt in your mouth chocolatey goodness. tick!
- Creamy, dreamy cheesecakey layer. tick!
- Be devoured in one sitting by my family. tick!
- Store in the freezer for a few weeks. tick!
If I could post you a piece in the mail, I would. Enjoy!
3/4 cup dried dates
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 cup oats
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup refined coconut oil
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup maple syrup
Peanut Drizzle Layer:
2 tablespoons peanut butter, melted
- Make the base layer: Add all base ingredients to a processor and blend until combined. Push evenly into a 20cm diameter square cake tin. Place in the freezer.
- Make the cheesecake layer: Add all cheesecake layer ingredients to a processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour over the base in the cake tin. Place back in the freezer for 3 hours or so until hardened.
- Make the chocolate layer: In the meantime, whisk all chocolate layer ingredients together until smooth. If there are lumps, heat the mixture and stir until the lumps have dissolved. Pour the chocolate layer evenly over the cheesecake layer and place back in the freezer.
- Make the peanut drizzle layer: Melt the peanut butter. Pour into a piping bag or just use a spoon to drizzle over the chocolate layer. Place back in the freezer until set.
- When you are ready to devour the deliciousness, remove from the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour until it has softened. I wish I could I come over and eat some! Enjoy.
The nutrition information above is an approximate guideline.