Ok... I am not exaggerating, this is the BEST mac and cheese I have EVER had or made. It is creamy, cheesy, delicious and much healthier than a non-vegan version. It is also amazingly quick to make which is great for those "I'm-going-to-wear-trackies-all-day-and-not-see-the-light-of-day" kind of day. Seriously make this... you will not regret it!
500g macaroni (reserve some of the cooking water)
1 cup raw cashews
1 3/4 cup soy milk
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
big pinch salt
big pinch pepper
2 teaspoons corn flour
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon tahini
2 teaspoons SMOKED paprika (so amazing)
1 garlic clove
chopped parsley (to garnish)
- In a food processor or blender, blend the cashews, soy milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper, corn flour, dijon mustard, lemon juice, tahini, smoked paprika and garlic. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste, and season with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Cook the macaroni as per package instructions and reserve some of the cooking water.
- In a frypan on medium heat, pour in the creamy mixture from the food processor and allow to heat.
- Add the macaroni to the pan and drizzle in some of the cooking water to thin out the sauce as desired.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- Now, sit back, relax in your comfiest trackies and devour the whole pan. Enjoy!