Yummmmmm... I love tofu, I love cajun, I love anything bite size, I also love sloths but that is a bit irrelevant. If you are looking for a snack that is fun, delicious, easy and tastes extremely naughty then this is your lucky day. I guarantee that these will be the ultimate hit with your guests! More importantly, they will be the cool-dudest-most-fantastical-magicalistic-wabbadoodoody thing with any child or non-vegan. Give them a taste of these babies and purchase them an "I am Vegan" shirt because they will surely be on the vegan bandwagon after these snazzy little gems. Enjoy! Thank me later :)
serves 2 as a snack
250g extra firm tofu, diced
1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup plant milk (such as Soy Milky Lite)
big pinch of salt and pepper
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
few dashes of oil to fry
- In a bowl, add the flour, soymilk, salt and pepper, mustard, nutritional yeast and Cajun seasoning. Whisk until combined.
- Add the diced tofu to the bowl and toss to coat.
- In a frypan on high heat, drizzle oil in the pan and allow to heat.
- Fry the tofu in batches in a single layer until browned on all sides.
- Season with salt and serve immediately with your favourite dipping sauce.
- Enjoy the deliciousness!