Nothing beats a good ol' sandwich... especially a vegan curried eggless sandwich! This is delicious, easy and tastes so much like the original non-vegan version. It is definitely the perfect lunchtime meal and is ever so filling. We know that you will enjoy it! :)
makes 4 sandwiches
375g extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
1 tablespoon olive oil
pinch freshly cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 heaped teaspoon curry powder
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise or more (see tips below*)
crunchy lettuce for 4 sandwiches
bread for 4 sandwiches
- In a bowl, add the crumbled tofu, oil, pepper, turmeric, curry powder and soy sauce and stir until combined.
- Fry in a frypan on high heat until slightly browned.
- Pour the tofu into a bowl and mix in the mayonnaise.
- Divide the tofu among four sandwiches and top with crunchy lettuce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the deliciousness!
- Use a store-bought vegan mayonnaise or our recipe here.
The nutrition information above is an approximate guideline.