I was so incredibly happy to have created this recipe and now cant imagine my life without it. It is dreamy, chocolatey, hazelnutty, sweet but also with a slight saltiness. It has just the right amount of sweetness and leaves you with a bowl of chocolatey milk to slurp up like a milk shake. You may be thinking that I am overselling this recipe... I try not to go overboard like those infomercials who will tell you that you could eat this granola while "watching TV" or that this granola can "fold up under your bed". No, I am just super excited and am trying to persuade you through the power of Veggieful to PLEASE MAKE THIS GRANOLA! You will be very glad that you did. It definitely tastes like a cereal version of nutella or ferrero rocher. It is delicious, nourishing and incredibly addictive. You can thank me later!
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup hazelnuts, chopped
1 cup dates, chopped
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
3 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a large tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, hazelnuts, dates and shredded coconut and stir until combined.
- In a small bowl, add the melted coconut oil, cocoa, maple syrup and salt and whisk until combined.
- Pour the liquid into the large bowl and stir until all ingredients are coated.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking paper in an even layer.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes stirring once after about 5 minutes until the top becomes slightly crispy.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving to allow it to get crispy and yummy.
- Serve with your choice of plant milk such as Soy Milky Lite or sprinkle on vegan yoghurt, chia puddings or fruit salads. The possibilities are endless!
The nutrition information above is an approximate guideline. One serving contains 20% of your RDI of iron.