Bonjour Veggieful followers! Today we would like to give you another amazingly delicious breakfast (or dessert) recipe... one that would definitely impress and surprise your non-vegan guests! I can already hear them saying to you "Wow! These are really vegan? Oh my gosh... I must become vegan right away so that I too can have such delicious food in my mouth" ha ha! That was probably an exaggerated expectation but in all seriousness, you will absolutely love these and it will impress your friends and family. The classic French Toast includes eggs to make a crispy batter... now we use a similar pancake/pikelet mixture to give you that delicious crispiness. Just keep frying until the desired crispiness is attained. Enjoy!
serves 3 (2 per person)
6 slices bread
1 cup plant milk (such as Soy Milky Lite)
2 tablespoons maple syrup (plus more to serve)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
big pinch ground cinnamon
2/3 cup flour of choice
oil for pan (spray, coconut etc...)
berries, to serve
- Make the batter: In a bowl, add the plant milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and flour and whisk until combined. Set it aside.
- Turn the stove on and heat up a pan until very hot.
- Spray the pan with oil or use coconut oil etc...
- Dip a piece of bread into the batter and coat each side.
- Place into the frypan and fry for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until brown and crispy. Transfer to a plate.
- Do this with each piece of bread.
- Serve immediately with fresh berries and maple syrup.
- Start shovelling the deliciousness into your mouth and enjoy!
The nutrition information above is an approximate guideline.