I am always on the lookout for yummy vegan salad dressings as they are so versatile and can be used for snacks, lunch and dinner. Lunchtimes for me usually consist of a salad, salad wrap, salad sandwich etc... Also, most of our dinners are normally accompanied by a fresh salad so I love having a few dressings in my collection to ensure tasty meals every day. You will absolutely love this recipe... it is zesty, garlicky, herby, creamy and sooooo delicious... Serve it on your salads, wraps, sandwiches or as a dipping sauce for potato wedges. It stores well in the fridge for 3 days or so... you will just need to give it a stir. Oh, and don't forget that the garlic flavour increases over time... so go easy if you don't want to be a garlic-dragon or go hard if you are a garlic-warrior. It is your choice!! Tee hee. I am sure that you will love this as much as we do! Enjoy :)
300g silken tofu
2 garlic cloves
1 handful parsley leaves
1 handful basil leaves
4 heaped teaspoons dijon mustard
2 teaspoons brown sugar (or other sweetener)
zest of one lime
juice of one lime
salt and pepper, to taste
plant milk (such as Soy Milky Lite), to thin
- Add all ingredients into a processor except for the plant milk and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle in the plant milk to thin out as desired.
- Taste and season with more salt and sweetener as needed.
- The garlicky flavour will increase over time... so go easy if you do not want to be a garlic-dragon or go hard if you are a garlic-warrior... it is your choice!
- Store in the fridge for up to three days.
- Buy a silken tofu that is really plain in flavour! Silken tofu is the soft, creamy tofu that has a consistency similar to firm custard.
The nutrition information above is an approximate guideline. Each serving of our delicious salad dressing is high in iron, magnesium, phosphorus, thiamin, vitamin A and vitamin C.