These deliciously gingery gingerbread men cookies are so cute and are amazingly tasty. I really believe that this is the PERFECT vegan gingerbread man recipe. I love my gingerbread cookies extremely gingery and also with a nice crispiness... this recipe does both! They rise slightly and become nice and crisp. These would be a great little gift for Christmas, as Christmas tree decorations or just as a nice thing to do to get you in the Christmas spirit. But to be honest, these are delicious enough to make all year round. I can't help but eat more than one when I make these... I will creep over to the cookie jar and nibble the arms and legs off and put the limbless torsos back in the jar. Then I wait for Jerome to scold me and tell me that I cannot eat just the limbs hehe... but I always feel less guilty if I don't eat a whole cookie! Not that there is any logic in it. Anyway, I guarantee that you will love these and that you will keep going back for more! Check out the 'tips' below for icing ideas. Enjoy!
makes approx. 15 regular-sized gingerbread men
2 1/4 cups plain flour
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
3/4 cup melted vegan margarine
1/4 cup golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a big baking tray with baking paper.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and knead until combined into a ball of dough.
- Lightly flour a surface.
- Roll the dough out onto the floured surface and use cookie cutters to make your desired gingerbread men shapes.
- Place the gingerbread men on to the baking trays and bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool and ice/frost as desired. See the 'tips' below for icing ideas. Enjoy!
- Icing ideas:
- Purchase vegan icing
- Make your own vegan icing by mixing icing sugar, water and natural food colouring
- Pipe melted white chocolate
- Dip them in chocolate
- Or simply dust with icing sugar
- For a non-Christmas occasion, just use different cookie cutters!
The nutrition information above is an approximate guideline.