This is one crazily delicious wrap. You will not believe how amazing it is until you try it. The combination of the luxurious salad, the creamy mayonnaise and the crispy tofu makes a wrap that you will want to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner! They really remind me of the same flavour and texture of the KFC twister wraps that I had tried before I went vegan. Jerome absolutely loved this wrap and ate three for dinner. We are so so so excited to publish this on Veggieful as it such an easy and tasty meal. This would be a great recipe to make for friends or family who dislike tofu or think it is a yucky "vegan" food. I guarantee that they will love this and be amazed at our crazily fantastic vegan food can be! Enjoy ^-^
6 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (store-bought or our recipe here)
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons raisins/sultanas
1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
4 large crunchy lettuce leaves, shredded
1/2 green apple, thinly sliced
1/4 cup thinly sliced celery ribs
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
300g extra-firm tofu, cut into 16 strips
1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
4 large wraps
- Make the dressing: Add all 'dressing' ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Prepare the salad: Add all 'salad' ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Make the tofu: In a pan on high heat, add the oil and the tofu strips. Season the strips with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Fry for a few minutes until brown and crispy. Flip to the other side and season again with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Fry for another few minutes until brown and crispy. Once, all strips are crispy, take the pan off of the heat.
- Prepare the wraps: Spread out the four wraps. Pour the dressing into the bowl with salad and toss until combined and coated. Distribute the salad between the four wraps. Top each wrap with four tofu strips. Roll the wraps and cut in half. Serve immediately!
- Make sure your tofu is really brown and crispy. Seasoning with lots of salt and pepper is the key to deliciousness. This method of cooking tofu is a great chicken substitute.
The nutrition information above is an approximate guideline.