Ok... it seems crazy that the words "three ingredient recipe" and "vegan snickers" would be in the same sentence but you are reading it correctly. This is our 3 ingredient Vegan Snickers Cup recipe and oh my gosh, you will be amazed! I had originally started making this recipe to create some type of chocolate and caramel stack but the date and peanut butter mixture tasted so much like Snickers that I just had to make the vegan alternative to the popular chocolate bar. By looking at the ingredients you may be hesitant in believing that these cups taste similar to a Snickers bar but I guarantee that you will be amazed! I made these one afternoon and couldn't believe the taste so I quickly arranged them neatly on a plate with a big glass dome over them and sat them in the middle of our table. I watched quietly as Jerome came out to eat one of the mysterious little cups and saw the shock in his eyes as he yelled "They taste like Snickers!!!". Straight away, he started unpacking his camera and he was photographing them for you to try. So, we hope you try these and love them as much as we do!
100g dried dates
1 tablespoon peanut butter
200g vegan milk chocolate
- Place 12 small cupcake liners in a muffin tin (If your muffin tin holes are a little bit smaller than the cupcake liners, it will actually make the snickers cups look a bit more neat and straight).
- Melt 100g of the vegan milk chocolate.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the melted vegan milk chocolate into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer for a few minutes until the chocolate has set.
- In a food processor, add the peanut butter and dates and process until completely combined.
- Pour the date and peanut butter mixture onto a clean surface and divide the mixture into 12 even parts. Roll these parts into round balls.
- Push one date peanut butter ball into each cupcake liner on top of the melted chocolate. Push it down evenly with your fingers trying to get it into the cracks of the cupcake liner.
- Melt the last 100g of vegan milk chocolate.
- Add one teaspoon of the melted vegan milk chocolate in to each cupcake liner.
- Place the muffin tin into the freezer again until the chocolate has set.
- Serve, or keep refrigerated until needed. Enjoy!
- You could add some crushed peanuts if you want a little bit of crunch but personally, I think the cups are just as delicious without them.
- If you live in Australia, I use the Sweet William brand of milk chocolate. I have also tried it will the stevia Sweet William milk chocolate. Both work amazingly!