Ok... I am not exaggerating, this is seriously one of the yummiest pizzas I have ever had in my life! I really felt like pesto the other night but we didn't have any basil in the fridge and our basil plant is starting to look a little bit sad. So, I decided to create a new pesto recipe out of the ingredients we had on hand. I would like to introduce you to the new and delicious "Vegan Macadamia and Spinach Pesto"... my new favourite pesto recipe! You must make this and have it on Turkish bread... oh my! All of the ingredients compliment each other so well and placing the Turkish bread under the grill makes it taste like an expensive restaurant-quality pizza! I recommend that you make this with a lovely fresh salad. You can thank us later :)
macadamia and spinach pesto:
(makes about 1 cup)
50g macadamia nuts
60g fresh baby spinach leaves
good pinch of salt
good pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 Turkish bread
15 cherry tomatoes, sliced
10-15 kalamata olives, sliced
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
vegan parmesan to garnish (optional)
- Make the pesto by adding all pesto ingredients to a processor and processing until smooth and combined. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Set aside.
- Slice the Turkish bread in half lengthways.
- Divide the pesto between the Turkish bread halves and spread until evenly covered.
- Top with the red onion, cherry tomatoes and olives.
- Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil (optional).
- Place in the oven under the grill for 5 to 10 minutes until the tops of the pizzas start to brown.
- Eat immediately, garnish with our vegan parmesan and serve with a nice fresh salad.
- Enjoy and start receiving compliments for your new delicious vegan pesto pizza! yum yum yum!
The nutrition information above is an approximate guideline. One serving of our delicious pesto Turkish pizza contains 178% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin C, 57% of your RDI of iron and 31% of your RDI of vitamin A. It is also very high in vitamin B6. So enjoy!