This is one delicious noodle recipe. If you love our satay tofu skewers then you will love this noodle dish. There is nothing better than a quick, delicious noodle recipe that you can quickly prepare on busy weeknights or after work. This is practically a satay noodle salad with the tastiest vegan peanut sauce. Yum yum yum! I would say that it serves 4 but Jerome could easily eat it all in one sitting. It is definitely one of those meals that you eat in silence because it is so tasty. I have always loved anything with satay sauce. I remember when I was little, I would order the spicy satay noodles from the Chinese takeaway store... they were yummy but always made you feel really sick afterwards. However, this dish keeps the yumminess and ditches the sick feeling. If anything, it will make you feel really clean and refreshed afterwards. Hope you love it as much as we do :)
4 tablespoons peanut butter
2 garlic cloves
thumbsize piece of ginger
½ long red chilli
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 ½ tablespoons lime juice
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons hot water
½ tablespoon ketjap manis
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 big handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
1 ½ cups bean sprouts
½ cup thinly sliced green onions
200g rice noodles
thinly sliced red chilli (to garnish)
- Make the sauce by adding all satay sauce ingredients to a blender and blending until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare rice noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all of the salad ingredients and toss to combine.
- Pour the drained noodles and the satay sauce into the bowl with the salad.
- Toss until the sauce is evenly distributed.
- Garnish with thinly sliced red chilli. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Add a sweetener if you would like a sweeter satay sauce. Try brown sugar, agave or anything you have on hand!
- Play around with the flavours of the satay sauce. Add more ketchup, sweeteners, garlic, ginger or anything else to make it yummy to your taste.
The nutrition information above is an approximate guideline. One bowl of our delicious satay noodles has almost 100% of your daily intake of vitamin C!