Valentines day is coming up and what a great way to celebrate with yourself or your loved one with a delicious berry sorbet! The great thing about this recipe is that it is vegan, amazing and instant! Yes, you blend it up and it is ready to eat! But it doesn't need to be Valentines Day to make this tasty sorbet. You could prepare it at parties, barbeques or even for a girls night in! Try this impressive dessert/cocktail and tell me what you think :)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon boiling water
1 cup frozen berries
1/2 cup ice
champagne to serve*
- In a small bowl, add the sugar and boiling water. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the sugar mixture into a food processor.
- Add the frozen berries and ice to the food processor and pulse until smooth and icy but not melted.
- Pour into two martini glasses.
- Drizzle with champagne and eat immediately!
- If for some reason, the sorbet isn't icy enough, keep adding frozen berries and ice until your desired consistency :)
- The berries MUST be frozen for this sorbet to have an icy and smooth consistency.
- You should be able to purchase vegan sugar from your supermarket or local health food store.
- *There are plenty of vegan champagnes available, you will just need to search the details of the brand and type of champagne before purchasing. You don't need to purchase an expensive champagne... you can just use a nice white sparkling wine.