Valentines Day is nearly here and what a sweet way to celebrate with your loved one (or even yourself for that matter) with a beautiful fresh bouquet of vegan chocolate dipped strawberries. It doesn't just have to be for Valentines Day... this is also a sweet gift for Mothers Day, birthdays or just as a nice romantic gesture. I thought of this idea when I was in the grocery store and I saw how expensive it was to purchase a bunch of flowers. I wondered what I could make or buy instead of flowers. Then I thought of this ... it is such a cute way to express your friendship or love for someone else. It also shows that you have put in a lot of effort! It is like your own edible bunch of chocolate flowers! Hehehe! Have a lovely Valentines Day everyone :)
250g (15 to 20) fresh strawberries
100g dark chocolate (70% or more cocoa content)
- Wash the strawberries.
- Insert the skewers into the centre of the strawberry leaves, about halfway up the strawberry.
- Melt the dark chocolate until just melted making sure to not burn the chocolate. (If you are using a microwave, melt it in 20 to 3o second increments and keep stirring.)
- Pour the melted chocolate into a small and deep glass. (A narrow glass will allow more depth of chocolate and help with even dipping)
- Dip each skewered strawberry into the chocolate about half way up the strawberry.
- Transfer each dipped strawberry skewer upright into a vase or long glass to cool and harden.
- Repeat with each strawberry.
- Once all strawberries have been dipped into the chocolate, transfer them to the fridge making sure they are standing upright.
- Once cooled and the chocolate has hardened, wrap the bottom in paper or gift the bouquet in a vase. Enjoy!
- Be careful when eating the strawberries and be sure to not hurt yourself with the skewer. You could trim the sharp bit of the skewer if desired.
- Make sure that the strawberries do not touch when drying or they will stick together and mark.
- Write a cute little card or letter to go with the bouquet.
- Enjoy :)