I was making spicy veggie burgers the other night and was trying to think of a yummy sauce that could be used to compliment the spiciness of the patties. So I decided to make up a vegan tzatziki recipe and I couldn't be more excited! I have to share this with you. It is absolutely delicious... and the longer you leave it, the yummier it gets. No more wondering what sauce to have on your burger or what vegan dip to make when guests come to stay. Now you have a vegan tzatziki! I have made it so many times already. I hope you love it as much as Jerome and I do ^-^
300g silken firm tofu
2 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cloves garlic (to taste)
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons mint leaves
145 g cucumber, de-seeded and grated
- Combine all ingredients except for cucumber in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste and season with more salt and lemon juice if needed.
- Scoop all sauce out into a bowl and add grated cucumber.
- Stir until combined.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving (brings out the flavours)
- Leave it overnight if possible before using. It brings out the flavours!
- It will last about 3 days in the fridge.