I have been looking for a vegan parmesan cheese alternative for a while now and I have not been able to find one to purchase. So here is a quick, healthier alternative! Ok, so you are vegan and you miss cheese? Well worry no more! This is an AMAZING alternative. I just have to say that this is so so so so so delicious. Strangely enough, the more you eat it the more you love it and crave it even more! It is such a yummy alternative to parmesan and still gives your pasta a salty, creamy and cheesy hit! I highly recommend that you try this. :) See the video tutorial and amazing nutrition information at the bottom of the page!
Update: 18/11/2012 - I just had to write another comment on here to tell you that this has become the ULTIMATE staple in my house. I eat it on risotto, pasta, pasta bakes, soups, popcorn and anything else! It is seriously amazing. The more I eat it, the more I crave it!
makes about 1 cup
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (what is this?)
1 cup raw unsalted cashews
1 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until a smooth powder has formed.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight jar.
- Serve on lasagnes, pastas or whatever your heart desires! :)
- If you store it in an airtight jar, it should last a long time in the fridge! (a few weeks or so)
- Watch our video tutorial below.
The nutrition information above is an approximate guideline. 1 teaspoon of our delicious vegan parmesan cheese is very high in magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, riboflavin and thiamin! How amazing!