I am so excited to post this recipe of mine. I have been trying to perfect a yummy and easy vegan mayonnaise recipe for quite some time now and guess what? I believe that this is the perfect vegan mayonnaise. It reminds me so much of a caesar salad type of dressing. You would NEVER know that the main ingredient is silken tofu. I am so happy to share it with you. After I had made it, I left it in the fridge in a jar for a couple of hours to thicken up. When Jerome came home I asked him to try it and at first, he did not believe that I had made it! It is so delicious that he kept eating it with a spoon! Naughty Jerome :) Try it for yourself but make sure you leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours or so to let it thicken up and for the flavours to develop.
makes nearly 2 cups
300g silken tofu
1 tablespoon water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
5 teaspoons brown sugar
3 teaspoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 teaspoons white vinegar
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until combined.
- Taste and add more ingredients to your own taste.
- Store in a jar in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Serve with a smile and start receiving compliments for your wonderful new vegan mayonnaise.
- Letting the mayonnaise sit for a couple of hours in the fridge allows the flavours to develop and the mayonnaise to thicken up.
- You can add any other seasonings to your own desire. You could make parsley or coriander flavoured mayonnaise or add Mediterranean spices and make a spicy mayonnaise. Go for your life!
- It will last for about 3 days in your refrigerator. To be safe, I wouldn't use it for much longer than that.
The nutrition information above is an approximate guideline.