I was making zucchini soup the other night and while waiting for it to cook I suddenly felt the urge to make some garlic croutons to go with it. I love making croutons as they make a dish crunchier, yummier and more visually appealing. So here is my quick and easy crouton recipe that uses pantry staples! These are so delicious that I would highly recommend making a double batch just so you can eat them while serving dinner. Have a nice day :)
1 1/2 cups wholemeal bread sliced into small squares
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely sliced
sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Carefully toss all ingredients in a bowl until bread squares are evenly coated.
- In a pan on high heat, toss croutons until browned and crunchy on each side.
- To prevent sticking, you can spray oil the pan first before tossing the croutons.
- Feel free to use spray oil instead of the 1 tablespoon of olive oil to reduce your oil intake.
- Add any of your favourite fresh herbs. You could use parsley, basil, sage etc...
- Add more garlic if you want more of a garlic-y zing.
- You can use white bread if desired.