I had Jerome's mum over the other day and we were all a bit peckish. Roasted chickpea recipes are all over the internet but I have never paid any attention to them. So when we all felt like a little snack I saw the can of chickpeas in the cupboard and thought that I might try and roast them... just for kicks! So I just experimented with the spices I had in the pantry and it made something wonderful! I think that these spices all work together well and a wedge of lime to give it that citrus hit really compliments it too. It is like an amazing explosion in my mouth. So delicious and so easy. Try it and see for yourself :)
420g can of cooked chickpeas, drained
good pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoon olive oil
lime wedges to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- In a bowl, carefully toss the chickpeas, olive oil, sea salt, pepper, cumin, onion powder and garlic powder until the chickpeas are well coated.
- Distribute coated chickpeas in a single later on an oven tray.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes to 35 minutes or until the chickpeas are browned and crispy.
- To make them less dry, use the lime juice as a garnish.
The nutrition information above is an approximate guideline .