Makes 1 loaf
Bananas have been so cheap lately so I bought way too many and then had a bunch of overripe bananas sitting in my kitchen. I was wondering what to do with them so I decided to make up my own banana bread recipe. If I can say so myself, this is the BEST banana bread I have EVER had! It was so yummy and stayed moist for the next couple of days. I really loved it. As I am writing this I have my second batch in the oven. Ever since I made this the first time, Jerome constantly asks for me to make it again and again. It really is delicious :)
I just realised that the second batch I just made, I used plain flour rather than self raising flour. *smacks forehead* - I knew that I did something wrong! Grrrrr... I was too distracted listening to music. I wonder how this one will work out now hahahahaha >.<
I guarantee that you will love this vegan banana bread/cake recipe!
2 cups self raising flour
1/4 cup vegan margarine, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup coconut milk*
1 cup mashed banana
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius (fan-forced) and oil a cake tin.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and stir vigorously until very smooth.
- Pour banana bread mixture into the oiled tin.
- Bake for 1 hour or so until top has browned and a skewer poked in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Serve warm. Spread with vegan butter and eat eat eat!
- *I use canned full-fat coconut milk.
- Purée the banana if you want the banana taste to be equal throughout the bread. Or if you would rather chunky bits, just mash the banana.
The nutrition information above is an approximate guideline and does not include the "optional" ingredients.