3/4 cup melted margarine
These cookies were delicious and definitely a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. They are soft, luscious and full of chocolatey flavour. I love to add a combination of white chocolate to dark chocolate to give it a nice creamy and bitter balance. Jerome's mum was coming to stay with us for the night so I baked some yummy cookies to make the house smell comfy and nice. However, I could only serve half of the cookies as I ate a fair bit of the dough hehe. Why is the dough always so much yummier than the finished product? We all loved them so much and Jerome ate nearly all of them. So, I just had to put the recipe on here. Anyway, I hope you enjoy these :)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
¼ cup soy milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
50g white chocolate chips
50g dark chocolate chips
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced) and line a tray with baking paper.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl except for the choc chips and stir until fully combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix until the chocolate chips are evenly distributed.
- On the baking tray, drop one tablespoon sized balls of dough and press with a fork or your hand to flatten out. You can make them as small or big as you like.
- Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges look browned and the cookies have flattened.
- Let them sit for 5 minutes or so until cooled and hardened.
- Serve on their own or with a big glass of soy milk!