August 11, 2016
These are FLIPPIN' crazy. By crazy, I mean cray cray, delicious, tasty, awesome, wholesome, filling, satisfying, impressive and addictive. This is such an easy recipe to make and freeze for future use. I am so into easy veggie burger recipes as you can use them on burgers, sandwiches or just as is with a side salad. Try them. Do it. You'll love them... and us for giving it to you. See the monkey at the bottom of this post... this is how you will feel when you try them.
makes 6 to 8
1 large sweet potato, sliced into thick circles
1 cup plant milk
1/2 cup flour
salt and pepper
4 slices bread
1 garlic clove
salt and pepper
drizzle of oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the sliced sweet potato in a single layer on the baking tray and spray with oil if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes or so until softened and can be prodded with a fork.
- In the meantime, mix all 'batter' ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a processor, process all 'crumb' ingredients until 'crumby' haha. Set aside.
- Heat a frypan on medium to high heat and drizzle with oil.
- Dip each sweet potato circle in batter and the crumb and fry until browned on each side.
- Repeat with all circles.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed. Enjoy!
- Choose long thick sweet potatoes with a similar diameter to your bread rolls.
The nutritional information above are guidelines. The sweet potato burgers are very high in vitamin C, iron and vitamin B6.
^ How you will feel when you first taste these bad boys.
August 1, 2016
I am always on the lookout for more creative healthy breakfast ideas and this is perfect. It is healthy, easy, delicious and you can make it the night before! You can't get much better than this. Plus, it is amazingly tasty. It kinda reminds me of cocoa pops as it has that same delicious chocolatey taste. I was such a sucker for cocoa pops when I was younger... I swear I could eat a whole box to myself. I love this recipe as it gives you the chocolatey hit in the morning without the naughtiness. I hope you love it... enjoy!!
1/2 cup white quinoa
1 cup plant milk
2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
3 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions and drain.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined.
- Divide between two bowls or jars and refrigerate until hungry.
June 24, 2016
THE BIG VEGAN GIVEAWAY is finally here!! We are sooooo excited to give you the chance to win over $1000 worth of vegan prizes!! Weeeee! Read below on how to enter. Good luck!!
- Veggieful - 3 of Our Bestselling eBooks RRP $9. (FB) / (INST)
- The Ink Nurse - 1x Earths finest tattoo skincare cream RRP $30. (FB) / (INST)
- Alter Eco - 7x (full line) organic, fairtrade and vegan chocolate bars, purple rice, coral rice and cane sugar RRP $48. (FB) / (INST)
- Furless Cosmetics - 1x Couture body conture kit - limited edition RRP $99.99. (FB) / (INST)
- Sanctum - Certified organic skincare range including foam cleanser, face exfoliant, moisture replenish, mens shave gel, mens shampoo and wash, baby shampoo and wash, baby moisturiser, body spa and body soothe RRP $139.55. (FB) / (INST)
- Vegesorb - 4x 100g tubes of Vegesorb RRP $35.80.
- Eco Minerals - Mineral foundation, vegan kabuki brush and brozer/blush RRP $88. (FB) / (INST)
- Model Co - Replenishing rose facial mist, rosehip luxury facial oil and miracle booster serum RRP $75. (FB) / (INST)
- Sweet William - 2x minibar multipack, 2x original chocolate bar, 2x white chocolate bar, 2x sweet as dark orange block, 2x sweet as white strawberry block, 2x sweet as rice crackle block, 2x dark velvet chocolate, 2x chocolate chips bags RRP $50. (FB)
- A'kin - Rose de mai antioxidant facial day creme and kaolin clay and lemongrass express purifying facial masque RRP $59.90. (FB) / (INST)
- Al'chemy - Mandarin shampoo and avocado and calendula conditioner RRP $29.90. (FB) / (INST)
- Eco Tan - Invisible tan, face tan water and extreme exfoliant RRP $84.40. (FB) / (INST)
- Adorn - Mineral and organic lipstix with jojoba oil and eye liner chubbi pencil RRP $54. (FB) / (INST)
- Natures Organics - Normal balance shampoo and conditioner and colour shield shampoo and conditioner RRP $10. (FB)
- Macaccino - Black maca reserve, magical mint, original mocha, mug and spoon RRP approx $90. (FB) / (INST)
- Pana Chocolate - 3x Raw organic chocolate bars RRP $20.70. (FB) / (INST)
- Organic Whispers - Organic basmati brown rice, organic goji berries, organic cashews, organic black chia seeds and organic macadamia nuts RRP $60.39. (FB) / (INST)
- Biome Store - 1x Klean Kanteen stainless steel drink bottle RRP $45. (FB) / (INST)
- Vitasoy - 2x Vitasoy original, 3x Soy Milky regular, 1x Rice Milk and 2x unsweetened coconut milk RRP approx $24. (FB) / (INST)
How to enter:
- Follow all of the brands below on FB and/or Instagram.
- Enter via Facebook and Instagram above. 1 entry = 1 tag. Tag as many friends as you want, as many times as you want... GO!
THE BIG VEGAN GIVEAWAY is finally here!! We are sooooo excited to give you the chance to win over $1000 worth of vegan prizes!! To enter: - Follow all of the brands below - Tag as many friends as you can in this post! 1 tag = 1 entry. Read more about the prizes, brands and terms and conditions here: http://www.veggieful.com/2016/06/the-big-vegan-giveaway.html Brands: @Veggieful @biomestores @ecominerals @organic_whispers @modelco_cosmetics @pana_chocolate @adorncosmetics @AlterEcoPacific @solnaturalfood @ecotan @alchemy.hair @akin.skincare @furlesscosmetics @sanctumskincare @organic_whispers @vitasoy_aus_nz @inknurse natures organics vegesorb Feel free to enter on Facebook too! Winner will be chosen at random on Thursday 7th July 2016. Good luck!! #vegan #vegetarian #giveaway #competition #veggieful #fitfood #foodie #eat #foodgasm #foodpic #snack #nom #nomnom #nomnomnom #instagood #sweet #yum #freshA photo posted by Veggieful.com🌿 (@veggieful) on
There will be one winner. Winner will be chosen at random on Thursday 7th July 2016. Have fun!
Thank you so much to the following:
June 21, 2016
You don't have to be vegan or health-conscious to have heard of The China Study. A huge book filled with facts, figures and smart stuff analysed by T. Collin Campbell, PHD, and his son Thomas M. Campbell II, MD . It is "The most comprehensive study of nutrition ever conducted" with 20 years of data studied and analysed resulting in outstanding conclusions and eye-opening facts. It finally shows accurate and significantly links nutrition to cancer rates, obesity, heart disease and diabetes. It is a great go-to for every vegan who needs to prove why they live the way they do! This is not a book about the latest diet. It is a groundbreaking link between nutrition and disease resulting in the complete support for the plant-based whole food lifestyle.
Why it is accurate:
- Largest epidemiological study in history.
- Tested on humans
- 20 year study
- 650,000+ researchers
- In over 65 countries
- On over 880,000,000 people
- 367 variables
- 8000+ significant associations linking health and disease
We highly recommend you read it. Not only do we have kindness, morality and animal welfare on our side, but we also have years of studies and science to back us up!
Busy-beans, educate your brain below:
- The findings are solid, tested on humans and statistically significant.
- You don't need as much protein as you would think.
- Those who consumed less animal protein, had less cancer cells.
- Protein consumption turns cancer levels on and off.
- Your plate is your medicine. Eat well to improve and fix your heath.
- Casein, the milk protein, causes cancer.
- You can consume as much plant protein as you want without encouraging cancer growth.
- Animal protein promotes cancer growth.
- What we eat affects the way our bodies interact with foreign substances. How you eat can make carcinogens more or less dangerous.
- We should be consuming more whole foods.
- Avoid processed foods.
- Eat high fiber foods.
- Eat a variety of fresh produce colours. Your plate should be a rainbow!
- Any food containing cholesterol is unhealthy.
- Recommends a B12 supplement.
Now go forth and fill your mouth with the freshest fruits and veggies.